What is Ragging?
- Verbal Abuse
- Indecent Behaviour
- Criminal Intimidation/Wrongful Restraint
- Undermining Human Dignity
- Financial Exploitation/Extortion
- Use of Force
Each of the above is criminal offences.
A Student indulging in ragging can be:
- Expelled from the institution
- Denied Scholarship
- Debarred from Examinations
- Denied admission to any institution
- Prosecuted for criminal action
- Prosecuted by police on the basis of FIR filed by institution.
Ragging is the Criminal Offence as per the Supreme Court.