PVP Sainik School aims at preparing cadets for the Armed Forces, mainly entry into NDA. Hence, in order to maintain the required high standards and a positive living and learning environment within the PVP Sainik School, the school uses a set of criteria to decide which students should be invited to board at PVP Sainik School. Keeping in mind the aim of Sainik School which prepares cadets for entry into Armed Forces, we follow some selection criteria for admission. Also, Sainik School being an English Medium school, fair knowledge of written and spoken English is mandatory.
The cost of prospectus along with the application form is to be paid in cash or by a Bank draft in favour of The Commandant, Padmashri Dr. Vitthalrao Vikhe Patil Sainik School. (Prospectus can also be obtained in person on the day of written exam).
The successful candidates are required to furnish the following documents at the time of admission or actual joining:
1. School Leaving Certificate (Original & two Xerox)
2. Domicile Certificate (Two Xerox)
3. Medical Fitness Certificate
4. Cast Certificate for other than open category (Three Xerox)
5. Previous years’ mark sheet (Two copies)
6. Ex-Serviceman Certificate, if applicable
7. Income Certificate for other than open category (Original & two Xerox)
8. Student’s Photograph (8 copies)
- Admissions are given from 5th Standard to 12th Standard for Sainik School based on the merit and medical fitness. Admissions are opened from 1st February every year.
- Aptitude test & Interview are conducted based on student’s previous year’s syllabus. Cadet has to be medically fit for admission.
- For Grade 5, only Aptitude test is mandatory. For Grades 6 to 9, test is conducted on pattern of other Sainik Schools.
- For class 11, written test paper consists of questions from Mathematics, English and General Knowledge. Written examination is of 'Multiple Choice Questions' type based on Grade 10 syllabus. Cadet has to be medically fit for admission.
- No admissions are given in Grades 10 and 12.
- The successful candidates will be intimated the same day and they have to confirm the admission by paying Rs. 5,000/- immediately as Registration fee.
- All interested students are encouraged to talk to boarding staff and existing boarders to find out more information about boarding at PVP Sainik School.
- Interested students should fill out the Boarding School Application Form (questionnaire inclusive) and submit to the school before cut-off dates.
- All applicants’ discipline and academic records will be reviewed and relevant staff consulted. New applicants will also be booked for an interview; returning or exiting boarders will only be invited for an interview when the Boarding Staff feel necessary after discussion.
- After the interview is completed, applicants will be notified whether they have been successful or not. In rare occasions, applicants who are marginal may be given a conditional offer with a probation boarding period and clear targets / guidelines to follow. On successful completion of their probation boarding period, they would be classified as a normal boarder.
- Fair knowledge of written as well as spoken English
- Existing academic and discipline track record
- Activeness outside school hours, involvement in extra-curricular, etc.
- Willingness, motivation and attitude towards boarding
- Personal character qualities, such as independence, responsibility, leadership and interpersonal skills
- Ability to contribute to the boarding community
After the criteria, if there are more successful applications than vacancies, priority will be given to:-
- those who has been a boarder in any other School before and have a clean record.
- those with special recommendation by the Management/Commandant/Headmaster.
- those who are in Grade 5 or joining PVP Sainik School for the first year in any grade except Grade 10/ Grade 12.
- those who have applied for boarding for a full 3 years.
- those with siblings already in boarding and successfully accepted for the forthcoming year.
• Minimum 3 years bond have to be filled by a boarder parent. Exit from school before completing 2 years will be permitted only with payment of full boarding fees.